Video Files on Forum ×

Cannot program Finale 2014.5 to play CTK-6200 Patches

I have been trying unsuccessfully for a month (with the continued help of Finale's tech support) to have Finale play through MIDI the sounds on my CTK-6200. We have tried to input the numbers from the attached scan of a portion of the appendix to the Casio user manual into Finale's bank and program change numbers, but while each different attempt DOES communicate with my keyboard and change the sound, it is never the sound we have tried to program. I am using Finale 2014.5. Any advice that anyone who has experience in this area can give that might lead me to success will be more than greatly appreciated. While Finale comes with a plethora of great Garritan samples, most are orchestral, and I would LOVE to make use of the multitude of different types of sounds on my CTK-6200 with my notation.

Casio CTK-6200 MIDI Sounds.pdf

I was hoping someone with Finale experience and experience selecting Casio sounds remotely over MIDI would jump in here.  PDF versions of the appendix and manuals are available here....  https://support.casio.com/en/manual/manualfile.php?cid=008001039   The proper bank and program change message is needed to access the sounds correctly.  I have a feeling it's just an issue getting Finale to send the data needed.  I wish I could help more.  Have you tried creating and instrument definition as described here.... https://usermanuals.finalemusic.com/Finale2010Win/Content/Finale/NEWINSTDLG.htm