Video Files on Forum ×

PX350 organ sounds touch sensitive

Jokeyman123

Either my older PX350 has morphed itself into another setting or I never noticed-but I would have been sure the organ bank of sounds was not touch sensitive-true Hammonds, /Wulitzers, Farfisa etc. are not, need the swell or expression pedal.

I was noodling around after letting it rest for awhile and discovered these are touch sensitive-not sure by how much, but there are at least 2 levels-pretty much either medium loud or very loud. The only reason I'm posting is to correct an earlier post by me-since the px350 has a 17-track midi and song sequencer with no editing tools internally-no way to control various levels of a multi-track recording except through touch-or external DAW I never bothered trying to use orgsn sounds in a mix sensing there was only one level-LOUD!  Ididn't try to get a good mix since organ tones would always dominate and obliterate any other sound. All other sounds can be recorded with some dynamic control through the keys, except I thought, the organs which would technically be correct. But not so. It took a long time to even realize it-I  never tried to vary the way I played the organ tones.  So just passing this on to anyone else with a PX350 trying to record multitrack internally-guess not many do, I like to torture myself technically. Of course the 360, 560 and I think the cgp700 don't have this limitation as do the MZ-Xs. And my PX560 does not have touch sensitivity by default for organ tones but can be programmed that way if you need it. Back to the shack.