Video Files on Forum ×

SENDING MIDI CODES TO PX-560M TO SET REGISTRATIONS +

pcshme

Hello,

Been using my Px-560M for about 3 years,, most things i like,  here's my questions your help is always appreciated

1.  I am using Musicsheets on android tablet with usb cable to keyboard usb midi port.  i can change Upper 1, Upper 2, Lower 1, Lower 2 instruments (programs) on channel A

what i dont understand is how to pick a specific registration such as bank 4 , button 3  or as i call it 4-3.....  what channels, settings, codes are needed to send this to set the keyboard?

1a.  codes to turn on an instrument ie,, upper 1 is automaticaly on,, uppper 2 is not,, how to turn on upper 2 by midi command.

1b.  any easier to read docs on midi,, seems confusing, no examples,, 

2.   When i make system changes using the system menu, such as Midi volume, or on the Midi menu,, such as port A,, and turn off keyboard i loose all settings

is this normal,, how can i save my system settings?

that's it for now,, not bad for first support request in over 3 years!

mike

Hi Mike, glad you're doing well with the PX-560 so far.  

1. Unfortunately registration setups can't be remotely selected via MIDI.  

1a. I need to confirm this, but I don't think there is a way to remotely turn on/off UPPER and LOWER performance zones.  Registrations can store UPPER and LOWER on/off status, however. 

1b. MIDI is pretty technical by it's nature.  I don't of know of anything that would simplify it.  It baffles me often as well. 

2. Some system setting values can be stored after power down by turning the auto resume feature ON.