Video Files on Forum ×

Recording in a DAW Program

David29

Hello,

I would like to record a live track in DAW (Reaper).  Do need a audio interface to do this with XW-PD1. I have the USB cable hook up to my PC computer and selected All Channels in Midi input and I hit record and noting recorded. Does XW PD1 acts as its own interface? Please help!

Thank You,

As Brad stated above. The XW'S do not transmit audio over USB, only via the line outs and the headphone socket.

Have a look at the front and back panels of your computer, and see if you can see a mic/ line in socket (3.5mm mini jack). Most computers have this basic audio in socket, though it might only be mono.

Ideally you want to have a dedicated sound card e.g. PCiE card for a desktop, or a USB external sound card for laptops (and desktops too). The better standalone cards will come with 1/4" jacks and XLR sockets, making for a flexible and easy to connect audio interface.

I use a 4 channel Behringer UMC 404 (with built in Midas preamps as well as phantom power option), which is both inexpensive, well built and excellent quality. They do a 2 channel version that is very inexpensive too. I would also add that a dedicated sound card is a must if you plan on recording regularly and need decent audio in quality.

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

Thank you Brad and Chas

Question: I'm currently using cakewalk DAW program. I was try to record audio using my XW-PD1 but only got midi data. Couldn't record the Audio data,  only midi data was recording. But now I have bigger problem, My XW-PD1 only plays sound when I'm only connected to my computer and have the DAW program running at the same time. So I cant use it as standalone anymore does not play any sound now at all, but I can here white noise with headphones on. :(  has anyone run into this issue before and also how to save the User data I created to my computer as a backup. Please help anyone. Thank you thank you!