Video Files on Forum ×

Need new keyboard!

Rudolph R-N R

My beloved X500 was stolen some weeks ago.  Have since been using a 49 note controller.  Not happy.  61 is the minimum number of keys I like, so 49 is just too few.  But beyond that I was getting AMAZING sound quality by combining the X500's sounds with my iPad sounds.  Using a Korg PlugKey, I even had a discrete volume control for the iPad sounds on the music rest.  Add the great speakers on the X500, etc., I was very happy with my portable setup.

So, now back to square one.  Don't have the money for another x500 or even a x300.  My price range $300-$600, may a little more.  Here's what I need and want, looking for recommendations for used gear:

My must-haves features:
- MIDI jacks
- Audio input
- Mic input
- Powerful speakers
- Decent keybed that plays well towards the back of the keys 

My would-like-to-have features:
- 76 keys
- Knobs / sliders for real-time adjustments
- Lightweight (15-20 pounds)
- Friendly user interface for the basics
- Expression pedal input, not just sustain
- Very good sounds

I know this is a forum for the X300/500, and I would rather be playing one of those, but don't have the funds.  And I know many of you have other arranger boards, so a recommendation of a used board would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Randy

Modify message

Hi Randy,

try to look at Amazon.de. I saw there MZ-X300 for 498,00 and even for 309,00 € new. Shipping will not be cheap, but still in your budget, I think.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

Ladislav

P.S.

Directly at musicstore.de is MZ-X300 for 299 € and shipping to USA is 30 €.

Edited by CasioCTK
new information

The closest Casio is probably the WK7500-7600 which sell on eBay for around 300-500 US. No control knobs but sliders. I have all PX's so can't speak for the Wks.WK has older sound engine than MZ-Xs. Might only have usb midi, not din. You may have to look at other brands used to get all this-but you won't get the MZ-x features in this price range from other brands that I know of. Hopefully the MZ-X prices might drop, and maybe on the used market.

@ Casio CTK,

Wow, nevrer thought of ordering from Europe.  Frys here in the US had them for $350, but they won't ship, in store pickup only.  Will check that out, but I'm guessing I'd have to go without a warranty, I believe warraanties are only honored in the country they were bought in.

@Jokeyman123,

Thanks,, but I had a WK7600 and hated it.  The keybed was not good, esp over tiime, induced sloppy playing, and the sounds were sub par, and the speaker system was really underpowered.  But it does have 76 keys, a valued rarity..  Yeah, I got my original X-500 for $780 (!), in new conditiion from Music 123, haven't seen a deal as good as that since.