Video Files on Forum ×

Helping sheets/tables for keyboard users

Soundioxide

I just started my adventure with CT-X5000.

After a week of using this instrument it appears to me that managing and remembering all data stored will be more and more difficult in the future. So I thought it would be nice to have some paper tables. As an initial example I did table for keeping in one place information about data stored in all Registration banks (what purpose, which song, when created or something like that).

What comes also to my mind is the same table for Phrases. Also what I am developing is step diagrams for Tone edition, Rhythm and Phrase creation/recording...

As a more experienced users do you have any ideas for such helping sheets? Possibly you already created such?

What do you think? Any comments or suggestions welcomed.

I think I will put pdf files with my sheets and tables in files section...

• Like 3

I'd like to see them, pdfs are good. Might be a good idea for some of the other Casios with similar design. I am not aware of any sheets like this-diagrams in the manuals show tone tables, lists of phrases, rhythms but these might not be quite what you have designed. Upload 1-2 so everyone can check it out. 

Hi, I thought of doing exactly the same thing for CT-X700/800. There are only 4x8 registrations but it is pretty tricky to remember what’s in them already.

Since probably these registrations are going to be constantly modified, I am wondering whether it would not be a sensible idea to have a digital document editable on a laptop or, better, on a tablet the on the fly, such as a Word template or whatever. I will try to design one for the CT-X700/800.

It could also be useful to add a special frame for the data registered in the Freeze registration slot to remember which parameters are frozen when the function is activated, such as Tempo, Level of touch sensitivity or whatever.

So, I just uploaded a registration sheet specially thought for the CT-X700/800 in the File section. Here is the accompanying file description:

This is a data sheet I made in order to write down the content of the 4x8 registration slots of the CT-X700/800. It consists of a spreadsheet with 8 lines for the eight registration banks and 4 rows for the 4 memory slots of each bank.

Each cell is subdivided in 4 lines, in which you can write the name of the song (or usage) of the current memory slot, the name/number of the Main tone used, the number/name of the rhythm used ; and lastly, the tempo of the song.

I have provided this document both in PDF for you to print out, as well as in Word format, should you wish to modify it to better suit your needs.

Please note that these documents were produced using WPS on an iPad, so the sheet might look somewhat different on a Windows laptop, Mac or Android tablet. Any Microsoft Word version or any compatible software should be able to open the editable version of the document (DOCX. file format).

All comments are very welcome.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...