Video Files on Forum ×

End of MZ X500?

jibin.jacob3

5 hours ago, Jokeyman123 said:

I'm not convinced the sounds are professional grade-the piano in particular sounds-a little tinny.

I'm not sure what "professional grade" means.

Is it in reference to what "professionals" pay (or are paid)?

Or does it exclude unpaid "amateurs"?
Or what the state of the art is, right now?
If I understand modern synths, they just use samplings, at various pitches and intensities, to create a tone that is representative of the real instrument.
The more memory, the better the sampling - all other things being equal.
Compression techniques may allow for even more sampling size per unit of memory.
(In addition, there are hybrids and combinations of samples with synthesized tones.)
Is there more in the "professional grade"?

Ohh I'm trapped!! My CTK6300in has stopped working and I cannot find the MZ X500, nor can I find any other keyboard that can compete with it at that price point. All that is available at the moment is the Korg PA300 (more than 6 years old), Roland BK5 (more than 9 years old!) and I want the MZ X500 ONLY or an updated version of it. It's been more than 5 years now! Please make the MZ X500 available on Amazon India or Casio India Shop or launch an updated version. Please do something Casio🙏 

(I don't want the CTX9000in with a modulation button, 64 notes polyphony, without sliders etc)

• 1 year later...

Its 2022, 2nd half and I am still waiting.........................! Is there anything in the pipeline? Anything above the CTX Series with proper 128 note polyphony, proper modulation wheel,,,,,etc I mean an MZ X successor?  Can't find the MZ X500 in India till today nor any competitor! Any news???

Also strikes me as odd the MZ-X series was discontinued. especially since-or maybe because-the PX560 has many similarities, but some noteworthy omissions, I'd been hoping to grab one too. Either Casio wasn't selling enough of them to justify the assembly line continuing to manufacture them, or there is a possibility with all the supply chain problems, they ran into a serious parts problem which is also hard to understand-unless they contracted out other factories to manufacture for example the display screens, the main CPU chips and those vendors/manufacturers disappeared.

Any vital MZ-X part that disappeared would have stopped these from being put together, a shame. And since most Casio parts are definitely not "off-the-shelf" that would create a dead-end for the MZ-X's. and the XW's. more puzzling, as many of the older CTK's/WK's are still being sold "new' from some vendors here-which might simply mean these are left-over stock manufactured back when the WK7600 for example, was newly created.

3 hours ago, Casiokid said:

There was a lull of some 15 years between the MZ2000 and the arrival of the MZ-500

That sounds really scary!!!! It makes me think whether I should wait further? I would have opted the Medeli AX10 but that too is not available in India. I am not interested in the Yamaha PSR X600 and Korg PA 300 is too old too. After COVID, the prices of PA300, PA600, PA700 and the very very old Roland's BK series have shot up. The prices have increased drastically! 

Yes, price increases are just not useful right now-especially when so many of us are hurting financially, these "luxury" items are pricing themselves out of business. I would think if anything, vendors would drop their prices to sell, or at least keep to normal retail prices. there is some real predatory selling practices going on, have to watch where one buys just about anything.

On 8/21/2022 at 4:32 AM, jibin.jacob3 said:

Its 2022, 2nd half and I am still waiting.........................! Is there anything in the pipeline? Anything above the CTX Series with proper 128 note polyphony, proper modulation wheel,,,,,etc I mean an MZ X successor?  Can't find the MZ X500 in India till today nor any competitor! Any news???

Here in Brazil you can buy the brand new Casio MZ-X 500 in the box.

I still don't understand this Casio sales system in other countries.

I think it could be two situations:

1: The MZ-X sold a lot and has no more to replace

2: The MZ-X did not sell as expected and was therefore withdrawn from the country

https://produto.mercadolivre.com.br/MLB-1039800134-teclado-arranjador-casio-mz-x500-61-teclas-profissional-_JM#position=1&search_layout=grid&type=item&tracking_id=613e640b-6e86-4955-a0df-830657c058f2

https://www.amazon.com.br/dp/B0831KMQ32?tag=opr-mkt-opr-br-20&ascsubtag=1ba00-01000-ubp00-win10-other-nomod-br000-pcomp-feature-rscomp-feature-rscomp&ref=aa_rscomp

On 8/21/2022 at 5:52 PM, Jokeyman123 said:

Any vital MZ-X part that disappeared would have stopped these from being put together, a shame. And since most Casio parts are definitely not "off-the-shelf" that would create a dead-end for the MZ-X's. and the XW's. more puzzling, as many of the older CTK's/WK's are still being sold "new' from some vendors here-which might simply mean these are left-over stock manufactured back when the WK7600 for example, was newly created.

I suppose that the MZ-X 500 uses custom ASIC and mask-programmed microcontrollers, so a chip shortage it's possible on one of these custom parts, and no chip foundry could make them in reasonable time due the technology of manufacturing. Maybe the older keyboard are using different IC that could still manufactured from some foundry. Worse they have used a no longer manufactured standard part. And if this happens and a redesign of the circuit has to be made it's a problem.

Seems to me like a bleak situation in either of those cases.  Why did Casio set such high standards before stopping? It will be difficult for competing brands and for Casio itself. 

Just look at the Yamaha PSR X600 which was launched after MZ X, it just cannot compete with the MZ X series. Roland seems to be puzzled or scared to update its BK series and Korg also is not interested in updating its PA300 even though it launched the PA700 and PA1000 recently (in a different price category). This can be termed as the Casio effect!

Let's admit it.

I've been through several brands and arranger models and I was really amazed at what Casio did with the MZ-X.

Even with some bugs and some unresolved limitations,

Casio delivered a unique device in terms of Workstation with separate sessions and each MZ-X session is a Universe in terms of resources.

Access the Hexalayer part and the Pad Setup part you will see a great extensive level of features. Casio has shaken the market and we hope it continues.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I couldn't get the Casio MZ in Mexico, that's why I bought the Casio CTX500 with which I am very entertained.

Apparently the keyboard from Hong Kong: Medeli AKX10 is sold in some stores in the US for 700 dlls.

This keyboard has the option of loading external SF2 music sources and emulating samples from other keyboards, in addition to the fact that its .STY styles are 80% compatible with those of the Yamaha, and it has style conversion software.

Here in Mexico they don't sell the Medeli AKX10, only a copy of the Mideli A1000 with another name like KBoard's MK1000 for 650 dlls.

I hope that in the music stores of El Paso TX they sell the Medeli AKX10 to go buy it and be able to play with both 2 keyboards.

No pude conseguir el Casio MZ en México, por eso compré el Casio CTX500 con el que estoy muy entretenido.

Al parecer el teclado de Hong Kong: Medeli AKX10 se vende en algunas tiendas de USA por 700 dlls.

Este teclado tiene la opción de cargar fuentes musicales SF2 externas y emular muestras de otros teclados, además de que sus estilos .STY son compatibles en un 80% con los de Yamaha, y cuenta con un software de conversión de estilos.

Aquí en México no venden la Medeli AKX10, solo una copia de la Mideli A1000 con otro nombre como MK1000 de KBoard por 650 dlls.

Espero que en las tiendas de música de El Paso TX vendan el Medeli AKX10 para ir a comprarlo y poder tocar con los 2 teclados.

Edited by Jair77

I couldn't get the Casio MZ in Mexico, that's why I bought the Casio CTX500 with which I am very entertained.

Apparently the keyboard from Hong Kong: Medeli AKX10 is sold in some stores in the US for 700 dlls.

This keyboard has the option of loading external SF2 music sources and emulating samples from other keyboards, in addition to the fact that its .STY styles are 80% compatible with those of the Yamaha, and it has style conversion software.

Here in Mexico they don't sell the Medeli AKX10, only a copy of the Mideli A1000 with another name like KBoard's MK1000 for 650 dlls.

I hope that in the music stores of El Paso TX they sell the Medeli AKX10 to go buy it and be able to play with both 2 keyboards.

11 minutes ago, Jair77 said:

The curious thing is that here in Brazil you can find the MZ-X500 in stores.

A guy even sent me a video of a new MZ-X300 for sale at the store.