Video Files on Forum ×

Original key and transposing

Hi XWists

Having some transposing issues:

1. I used 5 samples in C2, C3, C4, C5 and C6. The issue is that they are loaded into XW-G1 ( from with data editor) with the original Keys of F2, F3, F4, F5, F6. Can't find a way to have them on Cs. How do I change the original key to C so that they play as recorded without having to record again or modify the original samples.  I have hundreds of samples!
  2. In the step sequencer, when recording the bass or solos from the keyboard or the step buttons, they sound right but during the play back, they sound higher. For instance, when I record a C, it sounds a F. This may be related to my previous issue

Thanks in advance.

HI

I know this procedure. However, can one confirm that whenever samples are loaded on XW-G1, the default original Key is always F and cannot be set otherwise?

If this is so, I am afraid, I am a bit in trouble since I have hundreds of samples that would need to be modified.

Any feedback on question no2?

Thanks a lot.

Hi,

I triple checked that. No transposition (octave or tuning) can be seen from the panel. Attached are 5 samples that can be loaded through the data editor, if one can double-check and tell me whether the issue is reproducible.

Thanks

285-BREATHY TENOR SAX 1-3.wav

285-BREATHY TENOR SAX 1-1.wav

285-BREATHY TENOR SAX 1-2.wav

285-BREATHY TENOR SAX 1-4.wav

285-BREATHY TENOR SAX 1-5.wav

I'm not aware of any way to set the original key for all samples at once.  Having said that, it really is super easy to edit original key for each split, just using the keyboard.  Simply go to the original key setting in tone edit and press the keyboard key for C on each split, using the part buttons to jump to the other splits.  It only takes a few second to do all 5.  The XW-G1 can only hold 10 user wave tones.  It would not take long to do all 10 tones.  The data editor can also be used to set original keys on the tone edit tab. 

As far as the step sequencer, make sure key shift has not transposed the sequencer. 

• Thanks 2