Video Files on Forum ×

Need recommandation for Keyboard Piano selection in between Casio MZ-X300, WK-7600 and Yamaha P-45

Hi,

I need your help as I am looking for Keyboard Piano for Intermediate to higher level and good sound quality with best features. Price range is £250 to max £350

I have shortlisted a 3 choice as below.

1. Casio MZ-X300 

2. Casio WK-7600 Keyboard 

3. Yamaha P-45 Stage Piano 

Please suggest me which one is the best and why ? Or if you have any other model in the same price range.

Thanks & Regards

Susheel

1) Define your budget

2) locate your nearest music shop that is specialized on piano and keyboard musical instruments, if possible more than one

3) try the models they have in the shop and make yourself an idea of what digital piano feels good

You could look to Korg B1, ORLA Stage Studio, Casio CDP 130, PX 160, CDP 230, CDP S100 or Kurzweil KA90.

Have a look on NOS, exibition or used models, you could have a good bargain. For instance if you find a FARFISA DP500, it uses the FATAR TP40 action - the same of the Clavia Nord 4 and other high end stage pianos. Alas Farisa has gone out of business on musical instruments, now is only making CCTV and doorbell/intercom systems.

• Like 1

Your

22 hours ago, susheel said:

1. Casio MZ-X300 

2. Casio WK-7600 Keyboard 

3. Yamaha P-45 Stage Piano 

This selection is quite surprising, as other than the price range, they are very different keyboards. The most important thing is to have a clear idea of what type of product you are looking for. The P-45 is a stage piano with weighted keys and a basic set of sounds, mostly piano-focused, while the Casios are arranger keyboards with light action keyboard, lots of different sounds and accompaintments. If piano is your main focus and you don't care about accompaintments, lots of different sounds and other bells and whistles, you should consider not only the P-45, but also other simmilar products from Casio, Korg, Roland and the like. On the other hand, if you are interested in lots of sounds and features, IMHO in this price range there is no better choice than the MZ-X300: good sounds (and lots of them), plenty of fetaures (including some which are not quite usual in arrangers, such as a powerful sound editor and a sampler), and a really great amplification system. It has "only" 61 keys, which can be a drawback for some people, with it's miles ahead from the competition, including the WK-7600.

• Like 2

Thank you very much for your suggestion. After Exploring and googling many instruments. I have chosen Yamaha DGX-660 Digital Piano ( 88 Keys). Its bit expensive then Casio MZ-X300 Arranger. It's 88 number of Graded Hammer Standard Digital Piano with arranger functions.

I hope I have taken the right decision.

WhatsApp Image 2019-04-06 at 12.51.48 AM(1).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2019-04-06 at 12.51.48 AM.jpeg

Hi and congratulations for your purchase. Now that you have bought a Yamaha digital piano you might want to go have a look at the PSR Tutorial website and forum. There is a section dedicated to the DGX series where you can ask questions.

If I may ask, what made you opt for a Yamaha DGX660 instead of a Casio CDP-S350 for instance?

Have a lot of fun with your new piano.

Edited by vbdx66
Typo