Video Files on Forum ×

Recording rhythm arrangements to master track

Jokeyman123

Maybe I am being lazy again, and I have no trouble recording an auto-arrangement (rhythm) to the master track with the midi recorder with all its parts intact.

Here is my question-is there a way to record select parts of the rhythm arrangement to the master track in one pass? Or another way of describing what I'd like to do-if I wish to record the bass line alone, or drum track and one other part, or some combination without recording all parts together, is there a way to do this within the PX560? I can do this in a very round-about (no offense to Yes fans) way by editing my rhythm with software and re-planting it in the PX560 with only the specific parts I want, but if there is an easier way using only the PX560, designed for lazy people like me, anybody?  If I mute specific auto-arranger parts,-I don't know if I can do that, I'm not near my PX560 right now- can I then record with these parts muted to the master track? Yikes, I like to push the envelope I guess.

Jokeyman

There should be three ways to do what you want to do.  The easiest is to just go into the Mixer and turn off the parts you do not want.  The second is to go into the Mixer and reduce the volumes, of the parts you do not want, to zero.  (See chart on Page EN-78 of the manual.) The third is to use the keyboard's onboard rhythm editor (See right hand column of Page EN-42) to turn he unwanted parts off, then saving it as a User Rhythm.  This third method does not require the use of external software.  It is done right on the keyboard and has the advantage of saving those settings into a User Rhythm for quick, easy future recall.

- T -

• Like 2

Easy solution. I just forgot this function is part of the mixer page for the 560. I still have some empty user rhythm slots. Then record with the new edited rhythm. Sometimes the most obvious things go right past me. With 4 different Casios, I guess it can happen. I've been so intent on the whole rhythm creation process....ah well. Thanks T!