Video Files on Forum ×

Which sounds are absent in the CT-X 700 that are in the 3000?

Hello all. About to buy my first Casio and would be fine with the CT-X 700, provided it has the same pipe organ tones that the 3000 has. I was blown away by the tutti organ setting I heard on the Keyboard Krazy YouTube channel where he demoed the CT-X 5000. My greatest priority are the analog polysynth tones. Thank you all in advance.

Hi Chris and welcome to the forums!  The CT-X3000 has 200 more tones than the CT-X700.   The appendix for each model lists all of the tones they have onboard.  You can find them following the page linked below.

http://www.casiomusicforums.com/index.php?/topic/14233-ct-x-series-manuals-software-song-books-sharing-communities/

Hi, there are four church organ sounds both on the CT-X700/800 and 3000/5000: Pipe Organ 1, 2 and 3 and Chapel Organ. They are the same tones on both keyboards. On the CT-X3000, they are numbered 092 to 095 and on the CT-X700, 075 to 078.

What you will get on the CT-X3000 is additional reverb presets (although the « Church » and « Cathedral » presets of the CT-X700 are probably sufficient to play church organ), DSPs (that you probably’wont use with classical organ tones anyway) and more powerful speakers but if you use headphones or a PA system, the organ tones quality will be the same on both instruments.

To sum up, if you’re mainly interested in church organ tones and you want a lightweight instrument that you can carry with you wherever you go, take the CT-X700 (or better, the CT-X800 which, for 50 €/USD more, has a pitch-bend wheel and can save and load data from an USB stick). On the other hand, if you need the more powerful speakers and the DSPs (great for tweaking synth sounds for your liking), go for the CT-X3000.

If you’re really into church organ playing and you’re on a budget, I would also,seriously consider a second-hand Yamaha PSR S650. At the time, Yamaha made a really lovely Church Organ tones pack to upload to the PSR S650 and the tones were really impressive:

A second-hand PSR S650 will cost about the same price as a new CT-X800 or CT-X3000 and the church organ pack is still available on Yamaha’s Musicsoft website.

And on this video, you can hear the four church organ tones of the CT-X700 from 8’15’’ to 8’50’’:

Hope this helps.

• Like 1