Video Files on Forum ×

"interference" between stage settings? Pedal

demaris

After years of no issues,  I've had it happen a couple of times recently that my most used hammond drive sound seems to forget that the pedal is supposed to switch the rotary on/off.   

Instead the mod wheel is switching it on and the pedal does nothing. 

It gets worse; when I try to fix it by going into the organ stage setting and changing the pedal assignment to brake,  after saving I now find that my piano stage settings *all* seem to have the sustain pedal changed/broken. 

I thought these associations were stored at the stage setting level of the sound data structure so I'm a bit baffled.  If they were in the tone, and I changed the tone setting in a different stage setting, I can see that other stage settings could be impacted. 

Any ideas about this?  I also mysteriously lost the sustain a week or so back and did a hard reset to factory defaults, which fixed that problem. 

Another experiment;  hard factory reset, savet the 0.6 DistortedOrg  to USB.   Reload a saved to USB "all settings" file,  all pianos work as expected, i.e. sustain pedal is hold. 
Load the saved 0.6 into 0.6,  it works great, no piano settings sustain work.  Pedal 1 on my 0.0 piano is now some dsp arg and pedal 1 set to toggle, like the loaded organ sound. I set it back to hold and save.  Piano is good, 0.6 DistortedOrg is broken again. 

Ok so reviewing the manual I can see that I might have corrupted stage settings by switching voices after editing something. 
,I think I can get myself back in pretty good shape by something like:
Reload my corrupted "all" from usb
Turn off the filter
Save out any of my own edited stage settings that seem to be OK to USB
Reload an older uncorrupted version of the 'all' file
Reload my stage settings

EDIT:  mostly that wasn't necessary - even though stage settings would temporarily misbehave I don't think they were actually corrupted when saving all to USB.