Video Files on Forum ×

Midi Implementation

patrkcirtap

I am trying to play the main sounds of my Casio CT-X3000 with a Kawai piano through Midi (through a host device). I have gotten the two keyboards to connect, but I am only able to get General Midi sounds from the Casio. Is there any way to change to the other tones of the keyboard?

Thanks in advance

The PDF appendix for the CT-X3000 has a tone list that gives the bank and program change data needed to call up any of the tones.  You'll need to have a way to send that data to call up those other tones.  I'm not sure what the Kawai is capable of sending.  Can it send custom bank and program change data?

• 3 weeks later...

EDIT:

Ok, it works as mentioned by Brad and written in appendix. What I had to do is to set Bank and Program for particular tone.  

Hello there,

Recently I tried to play my Casio using my PC and DAW via USB MIDI connection. 

What I would like to do is to play specific tone - for example one of the Drum Sets (Tone 782) . What messages should I set to make this happen?

So far I only managed to play some piano sounds and some drum sounds on channel 10.   

I am looking at the MIDI implementation document and it looks like I need to somehow make setup for specific MIDI channel in port C (parts 33-48, MIDI receive channel 1-16).

Could someone help me out with this issue?

• Like 1

• 4 years later...

It looks like all of the custom drum sets are in Bank 120, so do a Bank Select 120.   Drum Set 782 (Drum Machines Set 1) is Program 25 in Bank 120, so after selecting Bank 120, do a Program Change to Program 25.  A Program is sometimes called a Patch.

Use Channel 10 unless you need more than one percussion track.