Video Files on Forum ×

Loading tones as rar files

Jey

Hello,

I just recently bought a Privia 560M and have been able to add new tones I've downloaded from here. However, I've not been able to upload tones that come in the .rar format, such as the Bosendorfer tone.

Does anyone know how I would do that? Also just to check are we free to use these tones that Casio and other users upload in our performances and recordings that we make and potentially sell?

Thanks,

Jey 

Hi Jey, 

Welcome to the forum.  

Second question first - yes another the tones that you download here can free be used in your performances or recordings. You just can't re-sell the tones themselves.

First question - Files downloaded from where?  If the tones weren't made for the PX-560 then they can't be loaded into the PX-560.  This is true for nearly all keyboards on the market.

• Like 1

Hi Mike,

Thanks for your reply. The tones that I was unable to add to my Privia 560 were downloaded from this Casio Music Forum under the Privia 560 category.

Bosendorfer:

https://www.casiomusicforums.com/index.php?/files/file/1016-px-560m-bosendorfer/

Romantic:

https://www.casiomusicforums.com/index.php?/files/file/1015-px-560m-romantic/

Both of these tones are in .rar format and the tones I have been able to add to my Privia 560 were not in this format. Is the .rar format incompatible with my digital piano or is there a way to add these tones?

Thank you,

Jey