Video Files on Forum ×

Registering rhythm variation

G777

Whatever variation you are in with the currently playing rhythm will be the variation you end up in if you switch rhythms, independent of registrations.

You can always make a custom rhythm that has the variation you want to switch to copied to the same slot as the variation you're switching from. For example, if you're in Rhythm A Variation 1 and you want to switch to Rhythm B Variation 3, copy all of Rhythm B to an empty Rhythm slot. In your new Rhythm C, copy variation 3 over the data in variation 1. Switching from Rhythm A Var 1 to Rhythm C Var 1 is exactly the same as the normally impossible Rhythm A Var 1 to Rhythm B Var 3 switch. It's an extra step, but they give you all those empty User Rhythm slots for a reason, not to mention you can load them in via USB if you happen to run out.

• Like 1

This will work for sure.Thank you for the explanation, I really appreciate it.

Just to clarify what I was looking for one song ( potentially to use pedal later to loop through Registration )

ACCOMP: ON

Bank 02, Registration 1:     Rhythm A, Variation 1, Tone A

Bank 02, Registration 2:     Rhythm A, Variation 3, Tone B

As you can see, I am not changing Rhythm, just Variation and Tone.

Good to know limitations.