Video Files on Forum ×

Sustain pedal target issue

Novaes

Hello everyone,

I'm really happy with my PX-5S, but I'm having an issue with the sustain pedal target. I created a stage setting with four tones, with a Hammond in the zone 4. I turned off both pedals from other zones, and select speed as the target for the pedal. Then I went to the sys and turn off the filter for pedal. The problem is, no matter how everything is working fine with the pedal, in the moment I save the stage setting, it changes the target of the pedal and the Leslie in the Hammond doesn't work anymore. The target turns into an equalizer parameter... I only have an equalizer in zone 1 dsp tone. It's a really annoying issue... Could you please help me? 

Thanks for your attention.

Hi Brad! Thanks for the reply.

I was using the data editor at the beginning. Then after some problems with the pedal functions, like sustain for all stage settings, I read about  the stage filters in the keyboard and turn off the filters. Then I tried to edit and save in the keyboard, but had this issue with the target changing.

About the saving procedures, in the editor I save clicking in the rom( I guess ) icon. When I'm editing in keyboard, right after I got everything right, both sound and settings, I click Write, then I Choose stage setting as target, then enter again and confirm. 

Let's try it again using just the keyboard.  After you get everything setup and working like you want, press the exit button and make sure you return to the main screen on the PX-5S, where it shows your stage setting name and tone.  Now press the write button and follow through the prompts to confirm and save.  

• Like 1

Number 8 in the diagram below is the save to keyboard memory button.  That should do it.  If you're editing some things on the keyboard and some things in the editor, the editor may get out of sync.  Press the (10) sync button to make sure everything is in sync, double check everything is still setup like you want it, then hit the save button.  

Screenshot_2019-05-19-12-11-13.png

• Like 1