Video Files on Forum ×

Uneven sound volume into my headphones CGP700

So for a while I have noticed that on my piano, when I go to use my headphones that the jack on the Casio seems to be either loose or I have to put the headphones in at a certain position to hear the sound properly. It’s weird since I really never used my headphones often, I really only use them while practicing, and rarely do I use it. Is this something hard to fix? 

If this is under warranty I would contact Casio support for repair or return if it seems very sloppy or loose-it should be a snug fit. From disassembling my PX350 and PX560 (not under warranty) it is not a DIY project to repair or replace the headphone jack. It is an separate part with electronics built in, has its own circuitboard, not just a simple jack-you need the exact replacement Casio part if you can get it from Casio or elsewhere.

If you have more than one set of headphones-try that-some phone plugs can be designed slightly differently among brands and some may make better contact than others. Quick example-I use 1/4" cables quite alot for audio and pedals-I was surprised to see that the long metal sleeve on the plug which is the negative lead for audio signals, is not always the same length on some-poor manufacturing I guess. Important because if the sleeve isn't the right size-the end contact on the plug will not contact the jack correctly inside-in this situation, there was no contact at all, no sound from the cable connection. Took awhile to figure out what was wrong-the cable sleeve was so slightly shorter as to be almost undetectable, but that was the problem.