Video Files on Forum ×

Would you be interested in a new Casio stage Piano?

Hi 😃

Today I read a comment @ facebook that clicked me

And I noticed the PX 560 is 4 years old.

In the meantime other brands have released stage pianos, but they do have many limitations

Nord Electro 6: Price, unreliable fatar action. You can't split 2 sounds from the sample synth section, no track recording, 120 notes polyphony for piano, and only 46 (!) for sample synth section, no pitch and mod wheels, etc, etc.

Yamaha CP73/88: Less than 60 sounds. Tiny screen, limited FX section asign (you can't, for example, use reverb and delay at the same time), no drawbars or sliders, etc

Korg Grandstage: Weight. You can only use 2 sounds at the same time (really!, in 2019). Tiny screens, limited FX section, no drawbars or sliders, etc

So I wonder if Casio can come out with something really cool. Think about a mix between PX 560 (touch screen, the big library, audio and MIDI recorder, Rhythms and editor, headphones jack on the front, etc) and the PX 5S (the knobs and sliders controllers, arpegiator, the beautiful look, etc). Of course, light weight (no internal speakers), and today's standard features, like smooth sounds transitions, asignable sustain and expression pedal for each layered or split section, real time controllers for quick changing presets, record, and most needed functions, etc. A 73/76 keys version available as well.

That would be so cool 😄

For the powers that be

The PX 5S and 560 sound really good ... excepts for organs and guitars!

While Casio has improved A LOT over the last years in about everything related to keyboards, organ and guitar sounds are truly sub par. It makes me feel sad to hear those "sounds" 😔 in otherwise great keyboards that I wish more people know about (the 560 is still marketed as a "digital piano", while it can be marketed as a workstation!)

Please, improve the sounds! 😃

I think that if Casio will make a stage piano using the sounds and the keybed of the Grand Hybrid, with good master keyboard function, and the pedals with continous reading so they could be mapped to expression or other midi parameters could make a good instrument.

Add to the classic piano sound hex layers and wavetable/sample synthesis capabiliy and an interesting thing could be done.

1 hour ago, mike71 said:

I think that if Casio will make a stage piano using the sounds and the keybed of the Grand Hybrid, with good master keyboard function, and the pedals with continous reading so they could be mapped to expression or other midi parameters could make a good instrument.

Add to the classic piano sound hex layers and wavetable/sample synthesis capabiliy and an interesting thing could be done.

I've tried the PX S3000 keybed and its nice to the touch that one would be the keybed for the next performance or workstation or hybrid type of keyboard with synth section.

The keybed is perfectly balanced for synth stuff and fluent key flow. I'm quiet jealous about PX-S as I've been with the PX 160 and 560 with the four hexlayers (but not the full synth parameters as the px5s). 

The PX S3000 pianos and EP are great!

Also I hear an improvement in the organ sound compared with the 560

What it's missing on the PX S3000 is the features and flexibility from the 560 and PX 5S. Combine them, add a "Casio Sound Library editor" for iOS and Windows, and we'll have an instrument that can put away nearly all the competition!

😃

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...