Video Files on Forum ×

Can I export rhythm patterns from my Casio PX-780M to Logic Pro

How can I Export rhythm patterns from my Casio px-780m  via MIDI to my Mac Logic Pro X. I would like to copy one of the rhythms and or an Auto Accompaniment stored in the Casio to Logic and then edit them. Is that possible?

Any help would be great. thanks

6 hours ago, Brad Saucier said:

Are you looking to reload the edited data into the keyboard as a rhythm?  The PX-870 only supports AC7 rhythm files.  

I don't want to reload back to Casio. When I play the Rhythm tracks on the Casio they don't seen to transmit as MIDI. They only play on the Casio. The only time I get any MIDI data from the Casio is as a Midi Controller. Does that make any sense. I'm starting to wonder if Casio only allows internal rhythms and accompaniments to play on at Casio and not export to DAW's

On 5/31/2019 at 1:55 PM, Brad Saucier said:

Go into the function menu, enter the MIDI group sub-menu, you'll see accomp midi out.  Turn that on and it will then send rhythm data over midi.  The manual will have more details starting on page EN-44.  

It works great. Thanks so much