Video Files on Forum ×

Px-5s - Audio in jack - settings/

Privmn33

Have not plugged something into my 'Audio In' jack for a while (MP3 player, Tablet rhythm track App, etc.)

Now, while monitoring/w thru a headset, seems like I'm only getting audio in the right headphone.

Keyboard tones are OK, 'stereo' in the headset, I have tried both an MP3 player and also an small external mixer....using 2 different cables, swapped cables (R/L) on the mixer.

Issue seems to remain with very low audio in left headphone ear - plug/unplug at audio in jack doesn't seem to change.

I've been routinely in and out of the PC editor, and also changing configurations via the Keyboard controls/LCD screen.

Is there some sort of Pan R/L or gain adjustment for the 'Audio In' jack and signal...that I might have somehow disturbed.
??
...didn't spot any option in the editor to adjust parameters for audio in signal...nor in the PDF manuals
<clue> - I have reassigned one of the knobs to adjust external (audio in) volume

??

Edited by Privmn33
added question mark

I hate these kind of problems !!

Brad, on your tip, I checked the line inputs, and heard a similar (low left channel volume) issue as was seen on the aux in, with external signal on line inputs...   Then tried another cable set...no change.

Ok now what...so, hoping it wasn't something on one of the system boards....turned off unit (had already previously turned on/off a few times), disconnected the 12 volt power cable. Plugged that back in.

...problem disappeared...(now audio level on Aux In and Line In are relatively close)....as would be expected...

...did this a couple more times - powered down, unplugged, plugged the 12V back in...issue has not returned
?? a little bit of a mystery, however things now appear stable.