Video Files on Forum ×

Cars Let’s Go Patch

Blueswaite

You'll have to be more specific about how you are trying to load the tone. Are you using the XW-P1 data editor on a PC or Mac?  Or are you trying to load from an SD card? The latter is almost foolproof. Put the tone file into a directory called MUSICDAT on the SD card, insert the card in the XW-P1, go to the tone mode for the kind of tone you are trying to load (in this case probably solo synth) and follow the instructions on page E-77 of the user's guide. 

Strange that a bundle for the XW-P1 would include a tone that would work only on a G1. In any case, you could try another Let's Go patch, such as the one I created on the P1 here:

I created it from scratch but it is likely to be very similar to Brad's and any others because there is really only one way to create that sound. 

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

As far as I know, the PX-560 (I have one) does not support hard sync, which is a specific oscillator cross-modulation technique that the "Let's Go" tone depends on. So, an exact emulation will not be possible. However, you might still find something out there that sounds reasonably close by using the resources the synth in the PX-560 does support. It is otherwise a very capable synthesizer, and of course highly polyphonic. (The XW-P1's most capable synthesis mode and the only one that supports hard sync is monophonic, while the Prophet 5 synthesizer that the original "Let's Go" tone was created on is five-note polyphonic.)