Video Files on Forum ×

Midi over midi (different tone)

Nulen M

This is my second question for the day so please bear with me. 

I will give a break down of how I went about layering different midi recordings. 

1. Tone: Grand piano, I made a recording for about 30 seconds. 

2. Once I was done with the 'first recording' I pressed the record button again but this time I  chose a different 'system track'.

(Tone being drums now) I pressed onto the play button and the piano piece I recorded started to play and along this I started adding some beats. 

3. I stopped and listened to the recording, the piano was playing along with the beats. And I found this to be great. 

The issue that I found out was that, when I transferred the 'midi recording (with the beats)' onto my pen-drive and tried to use it on my FL studio. The keys played for the beats were coming up as piano keys and the piano piece that I 'first (initially)' recorded doesn't even play. 

So I'm quite confused as to what I should do in order to layer piano keys and beats (basically different tones) and make it sound the same when I transfer it as a file. 

Please help me out. Thanks :))

As far as i know there is only one system track, therefore I do not understand "I  chose a different 'system track'."

Since it works fine after recording of both parts, I assume the both parts were recorded on different tracks.

It looks like a wrong configuration in FL.

Make sure FL tracks are using correct MIDI output channels.

What channels on PX you use for piano and drums?

Easy way to transfer the recording to FL .

Create two tracks in FL. Configure tracks to corresponding  tracks on PX (for the piano and drums).

Hit record in FL and start playback of you MIDI recording on PX.