Video Files on Forum ×

Privia PX160 midi recording .csr file format

Dear all,

is there a way to convert a .csr file into a .midi? The .csr appears to be midi but in a proprietary file format. I've not found any way to convert it in order to make it readable to a midi player or to a music score software like Musescore e.g. .

It seems you can play a .csr file only with the digital piano itself !!!

Kind regards.

Mario  

• 1 month later...

I don't have this keyboard but if it has a midi out connector-USB or MIDI DIN-it might be possible to record your csr composition with any software midi sequencer/DAW-if the PX160 sends its song data out as MIDI data-and then save that file as a standard midi file-all computer software sequencers give you this as a standard option. I do this with several Casios. You will of course need the appropriate midi to USB cable to connect to your computer-stay away from the cheap Chines USB/MIDI adapter cables-I jut posted a response to someone else warning that these can cause many connectivity problems and in their situation this proved to be what was causing problems. I use a Midisport USB/midi adapter-small metal box but it works perfectly with every keyboard I own. There are other brands equal to the task, shouldn't cost too much if you do some shopping around online.

I would have to study the midi implementation chart or the manual for the PX160 to see what it sends out of its midi ports to be sure this can be done. If you aren't yet knowledgeable about software sequencer recording software-not difficult and there is now a huge variety of freeware or paid programs to do this, from the simple to complex and for Windows, Linux or Apple computer systems.  I use an older simpler form of Cakewalk, something called Jazzware and even Yamaha has XGWorks which I have used with my Casios, a bit more complex but very well organized.  And-Musescore-I have version 2.3.1, not the latest-great program, let me know how you manage with this conversion from .CSR to .MID.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...