Video Files on Forum ×

WK 7600 - Structure of file formats ( i.e. AC7, TN7, RM7, AL7 )

@BidiMc

@shiihs has already done some excellent work on an .AC7 renamer, I've linked the latest version here. I believe the source is on github if you want to check it out in further detail. His version uses a GUI and launches from an executable, which I think is probably better in terms of overall accessibility than something that runs from command line. I'd personally be fine with it, but I know a lot of Casio users aren't particularly tech savvy so a friendly GUI covers the most bases, I think.

At present we just finished figuring out how to circumvent the "locking" present on the recorded content with the preset Rhythms. The most recent version still seems to have problems with the variation swap feature for 4-variation boards, however, so perhaps you could help troubleshoot that (unfortunately I don't have enough coding experience to help shiihs outside of rigorous testing on the end user side of things). Feel free to read through pages three and four of the thread to get a better idea of what still needs to be fixed.

Edited by Chandler Holloway

• 4 weeks later...

To JustAlex-I don't have a firmware tool, but I would suspect Casio will have the firmware locked even though many Casios can update the firmware can be flashed-I don't know if the same software routines for flashing firmware are used for all Casios, and if there is a locked bootloader that will keep the firmware code inaccessible except to Casio.

• 8 months later...
On 22/9/2019 at 8:30, shiihs said:

Esas son buenas noticias. Si es posible, considere usar un marco multiplataforma para que los usuarios de Linux como yo también puedan beneficiarse de él.

Mientras tanto, comencé a trabajar en un analizador / escritor para archivos ac7. Mi plan actual, si tengo éxito en completarlo, es ponerlo a disposición como código abierto con licencia GPLv3 en github para que tal vez otros puedan usarlo como punto de partida para construir, por ejemplo, un compositor de estilo. En la (¿probable?) Ausencia de "otros", podría intentarlo también, pero desde donde estoy ahora, eso sería muy lejano en el futuro.

Realmente no entiendo por qué Casio protege tanto esta información; por lo que he visto hasta ahora, no hay nada allí que merezca una protección especial (en el sentido de que no contiene características únicas que no existen en más o menos de la misma forma con otros fabricantes de teclados). 

EXCELENTE MI AMIGO POR EL EMPEÑO EN EL DESARROLO DE MEJORAS PARA EL WK 7600

• 3 weeks later...