Video Files on Forum ×

Yamaha PSR 975 which Casio is similar

bobt60

PSR975 is a 61 key arranger keyboard.  The 3 Casio models you mentioned are 88 key hammer action digital pianos.  These are different product categories designed for different purposes, not to mention the PSR is about double the price of those Casio models.  The PX-5S does not have any arranger functions, so you may want to ignore that model.  PX-560 and PX-S3000 have some arranger features so they may be what you need.  To add one more, Casio MZ-X500 is the top of the line arranger model from Casio, is 61 keys and still is nearly half the price of the PSR.  I would make a list of what's important to you in an instrument then compare the different models. 

• Like 1

I had looked at the MZ but was concerned with Keybed noise that some have brought up also fewer  octaves. BUT it did hit all the marks. The price is amazing. I just want to make sure it will hold up over time.  

Also I can’t find an MZ to try out, my GC doesn’t have one( I realize it is about 5 years old) one other question, has Casio been fixing and tweeking the MZ since it’s still being made and there isn’t any newer versions, pass the 500. Thanks for any help!

The MZX series came out in 2016.  They received a very long list of additional features through firmware updates in the first year of production.  I don't think we'll see anymore updates since so many new things were already added very early in the run.  I would imagine the hardware has already reached it's maximum potential, which is pretty incredible what it can do.  You might also look at the CTX series.