Video Files on Forum ×

WK 8000..DSP

Hmmmm...sounds like it might be a mechanical problem, a few of my older Casio buttons stick a bit, you could try (carefully) to put a drop or two of some non-corrosive contact cleaner around the edges of the button to see if that solves the problem. Make sure any cleaner you use is safe for plastic and rubber before doing this. Even a tiny bit of isopropyl-rubbing-alcohol might clean a dirty contact inside but be careful-only use a tiny bit with a toothpick, cotton swab (messier and don't get lint in) or eyedropper which is what I do. Or the LED that lights the button could be out.  Is the effect noticeable when you listen to the tone? Pushing the button will definitely change the way the tone sounds, could be reverb or some other effect added to the basic factory tone. Even if the button LED is dead, it might still be activating the effect.  

28 minutes ago, Jokeyman123 said:

Hmmmm...sounds like it might be a mechanical problem, a few of my older Casio buttons stick a bit, you could try (carefully) to put a drop or two of some non-corrosive contact cleaner around the edges of the button to see if that solves the problem. Make sure any cleaner you use is safe for plastic and rubber before doing this. Even a tiny bit of isopropyl-rubbing-alcohol might clean a dirty contact inside but be careful-only use a tiny bit with a toothpick, cotton swab (messier and don't get lint in) or eyedropper which is what I do. Or the LED that lights the button could be out.  Is the effect noticeable when you listen to the tone? Pushing the button will definitely change the way the tone sounds, could be reverb or some other effect added to the basic factory tone. Even if the button LED is dead, it might still be activating the effect.  

Thank you so much for the advice  jokeyman123..I'll clean it carefully.......

The effects reproduce them well...because the tone of the sound changes  when I press the Dsp button....such as reverb or some other effect.

It must be a problem with the inner LED of the button that is dead.

Thank you for your help jokeyman123

Greetings