How do I Record a song and save the Audio??

Calldon

I have the 3000. I need to record a song and put the audio on an iPad Pro for playback.

I have an iPad Pro with the chordana play piano app. But it is taking over 10 minutes for the iPad Pro to "mount" on the 3000. Is it supposed to be that long? I have tried twice, and it is not finished mounting.

Do I record the song and save it on the 3000? I can play back the song on the iPad, Bluetooth to the speaker which I have done before.  However I have not recorded on the piano because it is new. 

It is now Saturday afternoon and I had planned to use these two songs tomorrow morning. But this is not as easy as I thought it would be. Any suggestions and know-how would be appreciated.

Thanks, 

Don in Dallas 

Hi Don.  You can plug a USB flash drive into the keyboard and record audio directly to it using the keyboards audio recorder function.  See the section in the manual on "using the audio recorder to record performances" for details on how to get it going.  It will record anything you play on the keyboard as WAV files on the USB drive.  

In regards to the iPad taking a long time to connect, are you using genuine Apple cables?

I have the manual, I have been reading through it I have been punching buttons. Plus and minus and everything else. I need to record a song with the piano and save the audio output to a flash drive. From what I understand it would be a WAV file. But there is no simple way to find out how to do it. Can someone please give me step 1 Step 2 and step 3 of how to record a song and save it as a WAV file. I can see mid files, MIDI files. I can see mrf files but no wave file.

I thought I could save the output as an audio file on a USB flash drive. Please help.

1 hour ago, Calldon said:

Yes, I have two apple cables from iPods. I may stop by and get another one today from Best Buy just to make sure. Neither one of these will let it mount, or should I say it will not mount with either one of these.

To be clear, in order to use Chordana, the USB cable has to be connected to the USB MIDI port (25), not the USB flash drive port (26).  See the image below from the manual. 

Screenshot_2019-08-17-15-58-37-01.jpeg

51 minutes ago, Calldon said:

I have the manual, I have been reading through it I have been punching buttons. Plus and minus and everything else. I need to record a song with the piano and save the audio output to a flash drive. From what I understand it would be a WAV file. But there is no simple way to find out how to do it. Can someone please give me step 1 Step 2 and step 3 of how to record a song and save it as a WAV file. I can see mid files, MIDI files. I can see mrf files but no wave file.

I thought I could save the output as an audio file on a USB flash drive. Please help.

I'll try to boil down what the manual says on page EN49.  Press and hold the function button until function is shown on screen.  Arrow left or right until it says "song" and then "song type".  I think you'll need to press enter to get from song to song type, I'm not sure.  Once you see "song type", use the + and - buttons to select "audio".  Now hold the exit button to get out of there.  Insert your USB drive.  Press the record button.  Start playing.  When done press record again to stop.  You're WAV file should now be stored on the drive in a folder named "MUSICDAT".  

Thanks, Brad.   I'm at work now so I can't test it right now. I will later tonight. When I was doing it today and earlier this week, I can see mid and mrf files but no wav file.   That's what was confusing me. When I search through the files do I save it as a mid fall or an mrf file? There was no option for a WAV file. I'll try it tonight when I get home. I'll look for "audio" tonight. Thanks for your help.

• 2 years later...
On 8/10/2019 at 10:00 PM, Brad Saucier said:

Hi Don.  You can plug a USB flash drive into the keyboard and record audio directly to it using the keyboards audio recorder function.  See the section in the manual on "using the audio recorder to record performances" for details on how to get it going.  It will record anything you play on the keyboard as WAV files on the USB drive.  

In regards to the iPad taking a long time to connect, are you using genuine Apple cables?

Does this work with the PX-S1100 too ?

• 2 weeks later...