Video Files on Forum ×

problems with casio 5s pro sound

Amaxe

I have just purchased the Casio 5 s pro. When I turn on and start to play the grand piano the keys A, B, C, D (LA-SI-DO-RE) emit a strange and distorted sound (listen to mp3 file nr. 1) After I turn off the casio keyboard and turn it back on the sound returns to normal (listen to mp3 file nr. 2). The firmware I found on board is 1.13. Can it be a hardware defect? 
sorry for my imperfect english language

WP_20190816_18_20_18_Rich.jpg

1.mp3 2.mp3

Hi Amaxe,

Since you just bought your Casio, it might not hurt to reinstall the firmware and initialize it to factory settings so you know you are starting with unaltered stage settings and tones.

If you feel comfortable doing this, check out the video below from Mike Martin.  I've included an updated link to the firmware: https://support.casio.com/en/support/download.php?cid=008&pid=20

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NARK6qdzm1U

1 hour ago, Brad Saucier said:

Nella tua prima registrazione sembra che vengano suonati più di due tasti su alcune delle note più basse. Altrimenti mi sembra normale. 

no, I only played one note at a time from the first key to the last key. Thanks for the reply

Now I am sure it is a problem in my casio 5s pro. I reset the piano and reinstalled the new firmware. After about 10 minutes I start playing the piano I hear a sound that is not caused by pressing the keys. after this time the keys A, B, C, D (LA-SI-DO-RE) emit that strange sound that you can hear in the audio files I posted. After a certain period of time everything returns to normal and the keys emit their normal sound. Perhaps it is better to ask for the replacement of the electronic piano