Video Files on Forum ×

Chordana Play forPiano connection error

Yossi

Just found your very helpful forum.

I have a px s1000 connected via the USB port to a Kenton midi host, so that I can control another keyboard equipped only with midi ports. This works fine and I can even play them both back through the piano speakers with a stereo mini jack cable, which is great for home use.

I bought a passive hub so that I can use the Chordana app without swapping cables, however chordana will not function through the hub, giving the connection error. Chordana works fine otherwise through a direct cable to my Samsung Android tablet.

Any ideas why it won't work through the hub? It is going to be really limiting if I have to keep swapping the cables or keep checking the manual in a live environment.

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I have just purchased  a PX-S3000 and learning ...  

On this moment I try to get chordana working on an old asus tablet (android 6.0).
I did run some OTG tests and all claim the tablet is OTG ready.

But when I connect the OTG cable to the right port (USB-B port 25 ) I get the error warning "function requires a compatible digital piano" 

When I use the same cable and same port on a different (new) tablet (android 9.0 of maybe even more recent) it just works fine. So the cable is a good one and the problem is likely the old tablet.

Can anyone explain me how to get the old android 6.0 tablet working ?
I cant find any OTG settings, they are probably removed after android 5.0

Thanks

I later noticed this part of the forum :

Casio iPad, iPhone & Android Apps - Casio Music Forums

.. and here is part of my answer.

I installed according to this thread a midi checker and the midi checker tells me the tablet does not support midi

I wish there was a way to make it support midi ... but for now I have no idea if that is possible

Like most features, MIDI support on a device is a function of the OS. Android support for MIDI was added in 6.0, but it was optional for the device makers. If you can update to at least 7.0, there’s a possibility that the tablet manufacturer added it. But it’s all up to the manufacturer and whether or not the hardware components support it. IIRC, MIDI support on 6.0 in 2015 was not common.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Apologies for reviving this thread. Connection problems from PX-S1000 via the USB-B to the iPad. 

I bought a "direct" USB-B (Square male connector) to Lightning cable. The Amazon product page clearly shows it's meant to receive output from Piano to iPad.

Problem is, when I connected both my devices, the iPad did not detect the piano at all. I have tested Chordana, Synthesia, etc. I know how the iPad is supposed to respond when the devices are connected, thanks to YouTube videos.

To make matters worse, I can't troubleshoot to isolate the source. I don't have other devices with USB-B for me to confirm if its the cable's problem. I also don't have a way to isolate the piano's USB-B socket except opening up the PXS1000 and fumbling with the PCB that the socket is connected to.

My options now are (1) to go the 2-cable route by purchasing the lightning USB camera adaptor and a separate USB-B to A cable, or (2) open up the piano and use multimeters and soldering tools to test/replace the USB-B socket (it is wriggling around more than I think it should).

What would anyone here recommend? Or are there alternative options I haven't consider for troubleshooting?

• 9 months later...

Hey Guys! Sorry I’m reviving this thread.

I was able to connect my android. I am still having issues connecting my iPhone but my android connection works.

Goweverr on my  android phone, after 2 minutes the screen goes off. Once i unlock the phone and the screen cones back on, the APP freezes completely and I have to restart Chordana. This is very frustrating.

Anyone facing the same issue? Were you able to solve it? Please any help will be really appreciated.

Thanks guys!