Video Files on Forum ×

Newbie question about assigning effects to knobs

Stuart Sherman

I'm new to the 560, new to MIDI, and new to assigning effects in general, so this question may reek of naiveté. But when I try to assign an effect to one of the knobs, the very long menu of possibilities is very puzzling. A few of the items have names that describe the effects. But most look like "blanks" to me: they have a CC number (and I know that that means control change), but I have no way of guessing what effect that number produces. I'm most interested in assigning reverb, tremolo, and rotary, one to each knob. Is there a short cut for that?

Also, while I'm at it: *does* the 560 have a pitch and modulation wheel? They're specified in the verbal *list* in the manual, but not indicated anywhere in the diagram of controls. And I can't find them anywhere on the actual keyboard. Is this a glitch? Were they planned and then dropped?

Thanks—

Hi Stuart and welcome to the forums.  All of the controller targets that can be used for internal PX-560 controls will have a name that describes them.  Those that appear as generic CC numbers are useful as a MIDI controller, but aren't used for internal controls.  Generic DSP parameter numbers will be replaced by names once a tone with DSP effect is selected, like organ sounds that use the rotary DSP effect.  

Pitch and modulation wheels are on the left side of the keyboard labeled with black lettering, so it's difficult to see.  The snippets from the manual below might help, number 32 and 33 ....

IMG_20190905_223458.jpg