Video Files on Forum ×

DSP parameter settings on each sound's default DSP "000: Tone"?

kybdsammer

• 11 months later...

I tried this but don't see any options to see the default 000: Tone parameters to adjust.  I only see the option to turn DSP On/Off.  If I press the < or > button there are no other options.  If I  press the Enter button on the "DSP On/Off" screen, it only allows me to turn on or off the DSP (and it defaults to the M1:Mono 1EQ DSP that I know is not the default and don't want).  I do not see any parameters of the default tone.  Am I missing something you are doing?  Thanks.

@kybdsammer, I think you are at correct menu, but what you see there depends on preset - try other factory tone, for example e.piano 003: Lucent EP. I can see there is M1:Flanger and M2:compress on it and it's on. I could disable the flanger, etc. (can you see it now?)

The DSP on each factory preset is preset specific, so you should see what's on your tone. If nothing is there or it's off, all effects that you hear are in the tone baked into the tone itself from factory (into samples).

Your preset (which one is it?), I am guessing DSP is set to off by default isn't it? If so, no idea what it's preselected and off, probably someon in casio thought may be usefull or it's a leftover from development, testing ...

(Note, I am not CASIO insider, so I am making conclusions based on my own experimenting and what sounds most logical ....)

I should have mentioned that I was originally trying to tweak the default grand piano concert sound starting with the original sound.  Maybe you are correct that the default sound effects for this tone are included as part of the sample.  I just wasn't sure.  Since my original post last year, I have been able to tweak the tone by experimenting with a variety of the effects and found some that I really enjoy.  I have posted the ones I use a lot on the Downloads page.  Thanks for your comments.