Video Files on Forum ×

Changing hex layer dynamics for individual tones

Jokeyman123

Has anyone had any success accessing cc messages for controlling the individual tones in a hex layer in real time for the PX560? I dont' see any cc or sysex messages in the midi implementation chart specifically for doing that. I am describing a function that is available on the PX5s with sliders. I have tried using external controllers midi'ed to the PX560-I can control the mixer in real time this way while a multi-track is playing but haven't had any success yet with hex layer control, and I see no PX560 control knob settings that might accomplish this. I know this can be done for upper and lower tones with an expression pedal or the control knobs, but controlling individual tones in a hex layer would be a very powerful expressive tool,  even with software control. Would also give me drawbars for hex layer organs, the old PX575 can do this with IDES 4.0 which has virtual drawbar settings as well as Leslie speed and percussion settings, one reason I've kept the PX575. I thought of this after watching Mike Martin's video demonstrating the Noire Piano he has uploaded as well as the video demo. I have a Generalmusic Equinox that has this ability to control 8 tones in a layer with slide controls for dynamics, resonance and just about anything else so I'm spoiled, maybe I will see if the Equinox slide controls have any effect midi'ed to the PX560.