Video Files on Forum ×

GM midi does not record along with native sounds

Zex

I've connected external pads to control drums on channel 10, so that I can use them as a drum beat 

they trigger fine and I can use them while recording piano or whatever sessions

The problem is the recorder neither MIDI nor WAV does not record any commands sent from the pads.

In other words I can play them only live, but the drums do not get into the record along with the main part even in WAV

How come?

What should I do to get them into the record?

thank you

The PX-560 can be a sound module for external MIDI devices, but it can't be a sequencer for them.  One thing you can do is use an external sequencer (computer and DAW software) to record the drum pads and the PX-560 as the sound module. You could also use the DAW software to create a standard midi file that can be imported to the PX-560 for playback.  

As for playing the pads live, I'm not sure why the audio recorder is not recording live play.  The audio recorder records all sounds that are generated by the internal sound engine, even when those sounds are triggered by MIDI IN.  The recording is made as audio data in the WAV format.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Brad Saucier said:

The PX-560 can be a sound module for external MIDI devices, but it can't be a sequencer for them.  One thing you can do is use an external sequencer (computer and DAW software) to record the drum pads and the PX-560 as the sound module. You could also use the DAW software to create a standard midi file that can be imported to the PX-560 for playback.  

As for playing the pads live, I'm not sure why the audio recorder is not recording live play.  The audio recorder records all sounds that are generated by the internal sound engine, even when those sounds are triggered by MIDI IN.  The recording is made as audio data in the WAV format.  

Thank you for a quick response,

About MIDI recording I was kinda expecting that but was actually surprised about not recording as audio because I thought it just records from selected audio outputs (even audio levels and quality a bit differs when you record with or without headset)

Anyway as I needed to record my live performances solely on the keyboard, (I could use midi thru, etc... but I don't have all the devices with me to record MIDI externally)

So as a solution I can use a field recorder with line (or whatever available) inputs , not a perfect... because that's what I was hoping to prevent, I used it with my old Roland pianos...

Or I can create a hex layer with a drum set and assign it  to unused keys and then trigger them with the drum pads

The problem in here, i don't know how to trigger  the current playing bank with MIDI in, it always triggers GM sounds

Maybe you can help me here

btw they are floor drum pads :)

thanks again

22 minutes ago, Brad Saucier said:

The PX-560 has a 48 part sound engine.  MIDI can only address 16 at a time, so Casio added a port selection to the MIDI IN settings.  Port A will address the keyboard performance parts.  Change it to that and you should be set.

Great, thanks I will try that

btw "midi in" triggering (by default) does not start recording, it just ignores any actions

I mean usually as you know the REC function waits for user actions to start recording, once pressed it starts recording automatically...

but not in this case.

Probably with your recommendations it will

UPDATE:

after turning "Accomp out" midi setting to on and off it started recording sound triggered by midi in (into wav)

not into midi thou

I'll try HEX anyway... for midi files

Edited by Zex
UPDATE