Video Files on Forum ×

Targets for Pedal 1 and Pedal 2

FranR

Hi everybody. Probably a silly question. As I navigate the possible targets that can be assigned to the pedals I'm having difficulties understanding what do they actually mean. I see a lot of names like "CC02:" that have no description and seem to have zero effect over the sound when the pedal is pressed. Or fpr example, on stage settings such as 1-4 I find that the target for Pedal 1 is "Wah Manual" but I can't find the way to set that target for a custome stage setting. Is it maybe something related to the Tone settings? Is there some place in the manual where I can find a list of the meanings of all posible targets? I don't think so.

Any tip is welcome, and you are allowed to give brutal feedback to this newbie XD

The list of possible targets is a standard MIDI CC list.  If the CC has a name, it will usually work for something on the PX-5S.  The other nameless CC's are for MIDI control use.  Beside CC's, there are additional exclusive targets in the list, like those for DSP parameter controls. Wah manual is a DSP parameter control.  Once a tone with DSP is active, the controller target list will show the appropriate parameters for the current DSP effect in the current selected zone.  I would sit down with the video below and follow Casio's Mike Martin as he explains everything.  The part about controller editing starts about 28 mins in, but I would watch the entire video.  It's very informative.  

• Thanks 1