Video Files on Forum ×

Casio MZ-X500 - new features

Giuls

Hi,

I recently purchased this arranger and I am enthusiastic, but I think it is underestimated for the potential it has.

I would like Casio to introduce more sliders functions in the next update.

For example, to control the envelopes of the amp, filter and LFO in addition to the attack and the release value, also the decay and sustain,

and that these parameters can be controlled by MIDI, so that you can manage mz-x500 with a external controller.

Welcome to the forums Giuls!  Congrats on your new MZ-X500!  Those are good suggestions. Some of what you are suggesting can already be done.  Although the sliders are not programmable, 2 knobs and the expression pedal input can be programmed to control a wide variety of MIDI control messages.  All of these messages can also be sent from an external controller and will have the same effect as using the knobs or pedal.  

2 hours ago, Brad Saucier said:

Some of what you are suggesting can already be done.  Although the sliders are not programmable, 2 knobs and the expression pedal input can be programmed to control a wide variety of MIDI control messages.  All of these messages can also be sent from an external controller and will have the same effect as using the knobs or pedal.  

Thanks Brad for the suggestion but the problem is that MZ-X500 does not recognize some midi control changes including CC 75 (decay time) and therefore it is not possible to assign it even to the knobs or another external controller. Only the attack and release time can be assign. 😢