Video Files on Forum ×

Musing

Just a short bit of improv when I first got the PX350-piano sound was so pretty with sustain. Always liked the Jaco style jazz bass sound, and the classic McCoy Tyner chords in 4ths. Used the PX350 internal song midi recorder, no quantize, like to keep timing  a little loose. Added a bit of normalization and treble boost with Audacity and exported as standard mp3-might be a bit too bright, was monitoring with AKG 52's into computer. Not an ambitious piece...I'm not getting paid by the note, as I heard James Brown used to tell his sidemen!

Musing 1.mp3

• Like 2

Thanks Tsquare-working in a few directions-having some trouble with drumkit mods-see other posts, Casio's checking into it.

I love so many styles of music, sometimes hard to decide, can do so much with the PX560-but the song editor is also somewhat limited, trying to "through-compose"-no cut and paste, loop or quantize with all the stuff I've posted so far. I lay a complete track down in one pass, on track at a time. A little more difficult, currently working on the old Ventures tune "Telstar" alot harder than it sounds! I loved these old tracks-surf music, hot rod music-which I first used to listen to on ABC 770 radio, with my little crystal radios I made as a kid.

Thanks much m, I am missing playing out for now, the PX keeping me pretty "gassed".

I play every part by hand with the piano keys no auto-rhythms on this, recording into the PX song recorder in one take on a track. I'd input with my DX digital drums or acoustic kit- but the PX song recorder does not record from external midi devices-it only will record from the keys. Not a big deal-I could do separate recordings with software or other hardware and then transfer the midi file to the PX, or use the audio recorder to record from my DX or acoustic kit, but I am trying to show what the PX can do strictly "in house"-with no other equipment. Almost done with a cover of the Ventures ancient hit "Telstar" all on the PX. Only one track will be electric guitar, as I cannot get near the great rhythm guitar parts on this Telstar with just the PX-I could but it will sound a  little too unrealistic-takes away too much from the original. Even managing the rocket and ending little bit on the end with the PX and some tone programming. I'll post as soon as it's done.  So fun! 

• 1 year later...