Video Files on Forum ×

CDP-350 over the CDP-S100. Is the extra $200 worth it for a novice?

drksd4848

OK, so my CDP-S350 has to go back to the store, too. Just opened the box, set it up and it is dead! The screen backlight works, but the screen is blank. The power switch turns it on, but not off. I have to unplug it to get the screen to go dark. I'll be exchanging it when they have another one in stock. At least, I still have my PX-S3000 to keep me warm.

• Sad 2

Umm.... Uh oh...  And I was coming back to announce that I finally ordered the S350 from GC...   Yikes. 

I swear... that's what happens when you buy mail order music instruments - or at least with guitars.  I've bought three guitars online and it seems like it never fails: what comes in the mail is a piece of garbage.  Last one was I bought was an American Standard Tele back in '08.  That guitar has never played right.  After that, I learned never to pay for anything that hasn't been in my hands first.

I didn't think that would be the case with digital pianos, but jeeze... that's really bad.

2 hours ago, drksd4848 said:

And I was coming back to announce that I finally ordered the S350 from GC

I bought the CDP-S350 at Guitar Center less than 5 miles from home, so it's not a big deal to take it back. They have another one waiting for me. I bought my PX-S3000 at Music & Arts about 10 miles away. I'm pretty sure you won't have the same problem with your 350.

Sure hope not.  I'll check back in when it comes... 

In the meantime, I'm getting myself familiar with the keys by practicing on our other keyboard:

melissa-doug-learn-to-play-piano-20.png

Not kidding.  It has actually been useful. I am able to legitimately learn chord fingerings with it. But playing a song outside of Twinkle Twinkle...?  Eh... not so much. 

I'm sure I'll be able to progress a little faster with the S350.  It'll probably be a bigger hit with the youngsters as well. 

• Like 1