Video Files on Forum ×

"Dead Zone" in PX-S3000?

BenWaB3

Maybe dead zone isn't quite the right term, but does anyone notice that the acoustic piano sound from around Bb above middle C up to around the Eb note sound a little more dull & less alive than the rest of the keyboard? I tried with a few of the different acoustic pianos on there & it appears on all of them. I don't know if everyone's PX has that problem or maybe it's just the keybed on mie has a flaw. Thanks.

I tried being as "even fingered" as possible but (being human) the results won't be perfect. At first there is a G chromatic scale. The phenomenon starts around Bb above middle C and is pretty much back to normal by F or G. The second part is a simple figure in thirds. I started in D to show the normal sound. Shortly after the beginning of that part you can hear first the top notes being a little muted and by about halfway through you can hear both parts showing this effect. Please let me know if you want something more involved or a specific figure or song to be played. Thanks.

TAKE01.WAV

It's still there but not as noticeable with Stage Piano. I was using the Concert Piano before. I tried bright ones like the Rock Piano and it's there too. I was going through all the Others voices in the interim and oddly enough the one where it's not noticeable is GM Piano1.