Video Files on Forum ×

PX-560 remote recording w/midi

Jokeyman123

Another wish-that whatever future PX560/5s have the ability to record to the song recorder from external controllers-something these are not currently capable of doing-and neither are many other workstations so this is an understandable omission although the little Yamaha QYs and Roland MC505/Yamaha RM1X can do this as can other modules.  There are workarounds using software of course, but I would love to be able to plug in my malletkat, DTX digital drums, wind controllers directly into the PX560 and record into the song recorder. Or maybe even in a future update-allow for multiple channels of audio recording-even 2 channels would be nice. 4 would be better. Again, I know all this can be done with software or other hardware sequencer/recorders easily enough but having all that in one keyboard would make life a little less complicated, and having access to monitoring the PX tones directly when recording helps.

I sometimes get asked if Casio has or will come out with a full workstation keyboard. It doesn't seem to be a market they want to go into. Things could change, either gradually, adding features like you describe, or maybe someday suddenly they will make a full-blown workstation. I don't hold my breath, though. 🤷‍♂️