Video Files on Forum ×

It transposes itself

Iva P.

Hello!

As it is written in the title. My at least 12 y. o. Casio WK 7500 is tuning itself! It is super weird and it is totaly accidental, happens time to time. Mostly while I am playing (!), the pitch starts to change. First it sounds like a bit of pitch wheel but then it goes absolutely to a honky tonk piano without any use of pitch wheel or system transposition. Today for the first time it changed its pitch completely to a higher tone and made me huge troubles because I was just choosing the tuning for my singing repertoir. The thing which scares me the most is that it takes usually few minutes and it repairs itself for some time.

How is that even possible? Do you have or know the same problem?

Thank you for the answer. 

Hopeless Iva P.

• 7 months later...

I have a CTK7000 with a tuning problem I cannot resolve. When I turn it on it is 1 1/2 steps sharp. I play a C on my CT-X5000 and I have to play a Bb on the CTK7000 to match tones. I have tried re-initializing and it seems to be corrected, but if I turn it off and turn it back on, it goes back to being 1 1/2 steps sharp. I have tried using the DEFAULT to set it back to factory settings and again, it works until I turn it off and then back on. Playing an organ setting this evening, it detuned itself while I was playing. As it is, it is worthless as a performance instrument because it will not stay tuned to A440. What could be causing this? I like the organ settings, the Leslie effects and the drawbar capabilities on the CTK7000 better than the organ voices on the CT-X5000, but it is completely unreliable. It might start out in tune, but go out of tune at any time. I don't want to chuck it, but I can't use it as is. I need some ideas as to how to fix this problem.

I checked the pitch wheel as you mentioned above and it seems to have remedied the problem. I just ran the pitch wheel up and down a couple times and now it's back in tune with the CT-X. I turned it off and on again a couple of times just to make sure it was working properly and LO and Behold, it's fixed. Brad to the rescue once again.

• Like 1