Video Files on Forum ×

Hello:

(background) I am a XWP1 and WK7600 owner for over 7 years, have gone deep into the programming of the synth and arranger. :)  Now I just purchased a Mz-x500. I have been searching for 3 years now for a good hardware sequencer/sampler. All I found was incomplete devices. I thought the Roland JunoDS would do, no. Then the Roland FA, no. Then the 1010Music Black Box, good, but no keyboard, not really and instrument. Then the Pyramid Squarp, very powerful sequencer, but for $700 way over priced for a MIDI sequencer only. So here I have laid out lots of money on a Mz-x500 that has very little review on YouTube and the net. I read the 3 owners manuals and firmware update manuals and it seems the closest to what I need. BUT...the sampler seems very limited and I don't have any info on the mapping of samples to the keyboard for adding new voices. Is there a person on this forum deep into the sampler function? AND....did I make the right decision in buying this "arranger" more a workstation than arranger????

I am the guy on YouTube with all the XWP1 tutorials. Example of a XWP1 jam:  

Hi Funzzie.  It seems like you may have overlooked the MZX Sample Manager software and its accompanying manual.  The software allows you to create your own tones with your own samples in the same way factory tones are made.  See my pinned post in the MZX section of the forums for links to everything.  There's also many topics in this forum covering working with samples, like the following one.  Hope that helps.

• Like 1