Video Files on Forum ×

master key

dellboy

Hi Jokeyman123 thanks for reply, what I need is to use the px 560 as master keyboard to control Roland bk5 is there a setting to assign the 560. I had a keyboard before and you would just go to setting and assign to master simple so any help would be great. And it will be midi only.

Its really quite simple. Just select the screen labelled "MIDI"-I think its the 2nd page on the touch display. Page 79 in the manual describes what each one does-nothing you wouldn't see in any other midi controller. These are global settings-whatever you change here will work with whatever other function you are working with-auto accompaniment, the mixer, recorder etc. So if i want to record a track to a DAW-I would select my midi send channel here-maybe turn "local" off if you are playing virtual instruments from software-so you don't trigger the internal Casio tones, or on if you want to hear the Casio tones while you are recording. I would pick my tone first, then go to the midi screen, select whatever midi channel you want to record on, and that's all. I usually set midi channel 10 for drum/percussion parts since this is a "GM" standard midi channel for drums.  So as a master controller-all you really need to do is 1) select your tone and 2) go the midi screen and select your midi send channel. some users/players also turn off the high resolution midi setting as some software has trouble recognizing this setting but shouldn't cause any problems normally, and gives you finer control with dynamics-how loud and soft you play when recording to software.  and 3} deciding whether to switch local control off or on. Tis setting also has to do with your software-for example in one of my software midi sequencer recorders-I can set midi "thru" off or on in the software program. If I have midi thru on, and local control on as well it causes all kinds of problems, so I turn one or the other off to record-otherwise i will hear the Casio tone twice-once when I hit the key, and again when the midi message goes out the PX, into the software computer and back out to the PX. A subtle detail, but very important!

PS-You do not need to be at the mixer screen to record or play external softwar, or an external tone module or keyboard. i would stay in the main screen, where you can select splits, layers etc. splits and layers use their own midi channel assignments already set by Casio. study page A-5 (appendix) in the main user manual to see how these assignments are designed to work, and how midi messagew wil be sent out from the Casio PX560. Hope this helps. I get a little too wordy sometimes, Just trying to cover the details.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1