Video Files on Forum ×

how to produce a continous sustaining tone to play over .

tomcat123

You can turn off the sustain pedal for different zones.  Press menu>controller>pedal..... You'll see on/off switches for upper and lower parts.  You can also use a second sustain pedal or expression pedal for sustain.  I think you can also configure a knob for sustain.  All of these can be set for whatever zone you want using those switches.  

14 hours ago, Brad Saucier said:

You can turn off the sustain pedal for different zones.  Press menu>controller>pedal..... You'll see on/off switches for upper and lower parts.  You can also use a second sustain pedal or expression pedal for sustain.  I think you can also configure a knob for sustain.  All of these can be set for whatever zone you want using those switches.  

it's certainly helpful, but I think tomcat123 wanted to latch some specific note in the background while still be able to sustain all others notes without affecting the latched sound.

Sometimes I also think that would be a good idea to have such an ability, but probably it's not there.

And the most important to me is ability to switch between banks without affecting the last played notes of the previous bank so that they can finish playing (or stay sustained) w/o clicking or changing volume/effects at this moment the new selected bank overwrites settings of the previous one immediately even for "old" notes

(I'm not on the latest fw so maybe it's already fixed)

thanks for those replies ,  i'll try some things out tonight  .   that's right to just have a tone playing in background  and playing over that using sustain pedal on split upper part ,  might have to use a looper pedal .   even with a looper pedal it might have a tick sound when it loops  .  i have an expression pedal i'll try to  set it for lower end and other pedal  for upper end .  

switching between banks without affecting the last played notes  i think i ran across that a couple years ago ,  piano man chuck discovered it from one of his viewers ,  it's a  key combination and can't remember what it was .   one of those hidden fixes ,  sorry i couldn't be much help there .      thanks people for help .

I think my post above was misunderstood.  By configuring each pedal (or knob) to control only one zone, you can independently control sustain for split or layered tones.  As an example, you can sustain whatever notes you want in lower 1 while playing over that with another tone in upper 1 that you don't want to sustain.  The only thing I haven't checked is wether sustain is available as a target for a knob on the PX-560.