Video Files on Forum ×

PX-S1000 // Too much release / reverb on higher notes (A6#+)

markus85

Hi there,

I have bought a PX-S1000 and it seems to me that the envelope of all the notes with the beginning of A6# have too much release, or at least too much reverb. Meaning, they play too long compared to the other notes below, or have reverb without having reverb activated, respectively. I have attached a video where I play / press the notes G6 and A6, and where you (hopefully) hear my / the problem. Before that I made a factory reset, just to make sure the problem has nothing to do with my settings. Is this a "normal" behaviour or just a problem with my keyboard? 

Greetings,

Markus

px-s1000-g6-a6.m4a

Edited by markus85
clarification on problem

3 hours ago, Brad Saucier said:

Casio is simply replicating the real piano experience. 

Agreed! All acoustic pianos have an octave or more of the highest keys without dampers. My 2 Yamaha and 2 Casio pianos, and the Pianoteq virtual piano all start this at the second highest G#. My Baldwin upright has non-damper keys starting even lower at the second highest E. So, nothing at all wrong with your PX-S1000. Enjoy a realistic piano-playing experience!

• 2 weeks later...

I purchased a PX-S3000 in December of 2019.  The keyboard sounds good but I notice on the basic piano patches (not organ , string or other patches) that B5 and C5 lack resonance and sound "clunky" whereas the rest of the keys sound uniform in quality and resonance.  Is this a problem just with my keyboard or is it a common Casio problem?  Please help I really don't want to return the keyboard.

Hi Brad.  Piano Patches 001, 002, 005 and 006 have this prob;em.  Piano patch 004, stage piano does not.  Thanks for your rapid reply.  Also I'm new to the forum so I now realize I need to post my problem on the correct page for greater input from others.