Video Files on Forum ×

CC 64 does not work when play via MIDI

sam-px5s

Hello everyone,

I recorded some Piano track in a DAW and clearly it is also recording CC64 messages for pedal. When I play the piano it looks the pedal is Off. Anyone knows why PX5S does not consider CC64 message for foot pedal from a Midi file? 

I also should mention that I want to have multiple tracks ( Piano, string,etc) and each track needs its own CC64 based on its selected instrument and MIDI channel. 

thanks

I basically use a DAW. I made one Midi channel ( Ch1 ) with Piano and started to do midi recording on my PC . I could clearly see the CC64 and other controllers and notes are recorded. 

When I play the MIDI via PC to the port of Px5s it looks it does not handle the pedals for PX5S. If I change to another keyboard that I have at home ( Casio WK1200) it works.

So I wonder why PX5S does not respond to CC64 for Pedal

Sorry for my bad English. I hope it is more clear now

Thanks

Brad I think I found the solution.

I need to go to Px5s setting --> Midi---> Rx filter ---> control change ( from on to off)

Then when I play the Midi it understand CC64 and perhaps other control changes. But why when you make if off it starts to work? The default value is ON that it actually does not understand the pedal

Thanks

Hello Brad,

It is strange, anytime that I turn on the Casio PX5s I see it is ON and I manually need to turn it off.

One more question about CC64.

I have two track of MIDI channel 1 and 2

In both channels I use CC64 and when for example I am recording Ch2, the pedal from Ch1 also reset meanwhile of playing but it records CC64 for each channel separately. IS there any setting in the keyboard that I must  be aware of that to prevent the pedal from one channel does not effect the pedal from other channels meanwhile of recording ?

Thanks