Video Files on Forum ×

Squeaky pedal

Eli26

My damper pedal squeaks when depressed.  I am referring to physical metal squeaking/creaking, not some digital effect.  How do I fix it?

Possibilities include: blindly spraying wd 40 on top of the pedal (after depressing the pedal), spraying  wd40 blindly on the underside of the pedal, and some complex procedure where I have to take the thing apart.  

Help, please!

5 hours ago, Eli26 said:

My damper pedal squeaks when depressed.  I am referring to physical metal squeaking/creaking, not some digital effect.  How do I fix it?

Possibilities include: blindly spraying wd 40 on top of the pedal (after depressing the pedal), spraying  wd40 blindly on the underside of the pedal, and some complex procedure where I have to take the thing apart.  

Help, please!

if you already want to use spray I would recommend the use of silicon spray ...no stinky smell and safer as wd40 ..but I would dis-ensemble the pedal   if the electronics are in danger for any spray  ! ...Good luck !

• 9 months later...

I have the same problem and have written to Casio. Here is the answer :

Before contacting the French Casio Service for repair, please make sure that the GP-400 is standing flat on the ground. Otherwise the pedal unit may tilt and thus cause this squeaking. 

I did suggest spraying with wd-40 but I don't think it's a good idea since this is not a true mechanical piano. 

I will contact their repair service but must say I'm a bit annoyed that the pedal is squeaking so much. 

• 3 months later...

Two possible solutions to your squeaking pedal: (1) Make sure the "height adjustment screw" at the bottom of the piano (underneath center - where the pedals are) is adjusted so that it is touching solidly on the floor. This stabilizes the pedal crosspiece so it doesn't bow downward when the pedals are pressed. (2) Try different footwear. Different footwear can have a different effect by the amount of pressure needed to depress the pedal depending on your footwear.