Video Files on Forum ×

Save midi tones to registration

mattf

Hi!

I have a mz x500 and by default midi instruments are in the C port. Since I'm using an old keyboard as a controller (It's an Yamaha psr 500) It only counts up to 100 voices, so the only way I found to change it's tone is by going to the Mixer menu, changing to C port and setting the voices there for the midi device.

However that is not stored on the registration (when I save by holding store and the desired number like usual). The tones for the midi controller are always just the last I choose. Interestingly the keyboard turns of the registration light when the tone for the midi controller is changed, like if had detected the change, but this information is not stored.

Maybe I am missing an easier way to change the tone for the midi device? Or something that would store this is turned off?

Thanks in advance!

Oh thanks! And what about creating dual voices for those midi channels? The only way I could think of is creating hexlayers with the tones already selected. My controller won't send on multiple channels simultaneously.

Is there any way?