Video Files on Forum ×

I WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER CASIO AGAIN! NEVER EVER NEVER EVER EVER NEVER EVER!!!!!!

m10538

Probably. It just doesn't seem necessary. Check out all the cool sounds I can get with my Android tablet. This vid just has a few, there's thousands more. I'm just missing the accompaniments.

I envision this: a cool Roland JD-Xi type synth, 3 octaves, mini keys, all the same cool sounds in these apps, ability to tweak oscillators, filters and whatnot, accompaniments like the Korg microARRANGER, and selling for $200. The cost of the midi keyboard and tablet I used in this vid is just over $100. I know nothing of manufacturing, are there reasons why this is not possible? I think that synth would be a hit. I know I'd buy it. There's more info in my painfully long YouTube description if you wanna head on over to the Tube.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, sslyutov said:

Delays - biggest problem with tablets

I've experienced no latency problems, Sergey. I even used my crummy 7 inch tab to play no.7. That tab can barely do anything, it collapsed while I was playing this vid here on the CMF, but it played all of the rockin' DRC parts with no problem at all. Android has an image problem like Casio. They should team up and show everyone what's what! Android powered Casio synth, cool!

• Like 1

I think you should look also on Linux and its audio ecosystem. Namely the Zynthian project. I think that is the next thing I'll go to buy in case of a GAS syndrome.

Besidex X86 ages better than Android gear, even with Windows. When I bought the PC I'm wrinting now, was when I still used a Nokia cellphone with Symbian and both Debian and Windows partitions are up to date .

15 minutes ago, mike71 said:

I think you should look also on Linux and its audio ecosystem. Namely the Zynthian project. I think that is the next thing I'll go to buy in case of a GAS syndrome.

Besidex X86 ages better than Android gear, even with Windows. When I bought the PC I'm wrinting now, was when I still used a Nokia cellphone with Symbian and both Debian and Windows partitions are up to date .

I will check it out, Mike. I thought Linux was a long forgotten system. I'm no tech expert though.

Edit: and after a search of Linux I see how tech savvy I'm not. It's used in super computers, eh? I've been thinking it was the forerunner to Android. Goes to show you I might not know what I'm talking about when I say something!

4 hours ago, sslyutov said:

This is so great to hear you like the setup!

I am still looking for the perfect DAW.

This is my new setup, Sergey. It's the perfect size. Just whip it out when you want to have some fun.

I have no advice about DAW's. I just use Android tablets and apps like MixPad and VideoPad. No iAnythings or Windows for me. Simple lo-tech!

1 hour ago, giano said:

I find it a very simple and powerful setup  Do you need any special interface or cable to connect the tablet and the controller?

All you need is a USB to micro USB adapter, giano. They're called otg adapters. The AKM 322 comes with the midi USB cable with full sized USB plug at the end.

21 hours ago, m10538 said:

All you need is a USB to micro USB adapter, giano. They're called otg adapters. The AKM 322 comes with the midi USB cable with full sized USB plug at the end.

Hi m. thanks a lot, I am very  curious to try this! The soft synhts above are all very interesting, I particularly like #7!

Hi cool vid. I suspect you are working with a fairly recent version of Android because until a few years back, the latency was un érable and this problem was solved only recently.

If I may ask, which tablet are you using and which version of Android is it running?

Cheers.

1 minute ago, vbdx66 said:

Hi cool vid. I suspect you are working with a fairly recent version of Android because until a few years back, the latency was unbearable and this problem was solved only recently.

If I may ask, which version of Android yoir tablet running?

Cheers.

2 hours ago, vbdx66 said:

Hi cool vid. I suspect you are working with a fairly recent version of Android because until a few years back, the latency was un érable and this problem was solved only recently.

If I may ask, which tablet are you using and which version of Android is it running?

Cheers.

Hi vbdx66, most of these demos were made with a 10 inch RCA Android 5.5 tablet. DRC has stopped support for below Android 6 so I used a little 7 inch Android 8 tablet for the next to last demo. I've tested these apps with fast finger movements and none of them has stalled. Only the Mod Synth and Easy Synth have a little glitch once in a while but they're always updating so that will be fixed eventually.

• Like 1