Video Files on Forum ×

WK-3000/WK-3300/WK-3500

Grezo

WK-3000/WK-3300/WK-3500

The above three models were released in the early 2000s I believe and they are silver grey in color. I have some questions:

1. Does anyone know for certainly if these three models have the same built in rhythms?

2. If one has a WK-3500 is there any confirmed, tried and tested method where one can go to a website and download and install exact replicas of rhythms found on WK-3000 or WK-3300? I know there is a Casio music expansion site, but I have never used that one.

i can't say with certainty-but have an older PX575 which is in the same lineage as these WKs, an excellent Casio in it's own way, and having downloaded many of the extra rhythms for it from here ....

https://music.casio.com/e/data_ex2/

there seems to be a very close if not identical design for the rhythms. You might also try to find the respective manuals for each, and look at the list of rhythm names. I have the PX575 if you want me to post that manual here, but these all easy to find if you do a websearch, and I think all of them might have a list in their manuals, or in the "appendix" files if there are such files.

Thank you Jokeyman123.

This information is promising. Do you know if the rhythms on the website for download are NEW rhythms or rhythms found on the actual models listed on that page? Also, do you know of any method to listen to/preview those online rhythms? In addition, do you know of any type of online keyboard emulator which can emulate those keyboards?

In reverse order-

1) I don't know of any virtual Casio models/emulators for these specific models.

2) For previewing these rhythms. Previewing online rhythms-you will have to download the respective .ckf files to your computer, then download this file I posted awhile ago-which has disappeared from the web as I feared...its the only one I know of that may play these rhythms which are actually labelled as "Z0" files internally but I have loaded and played (and created original) ckf format files which I am sure will load and play in the PX575 and older WKs. the rhythms available on the International Casio site I posted above will save as ckf files and will play in any of the older WK series I think. chandler and I (and others here) have created extensive documentation and descriptions about how to create your own ckf rhythms. I have posted several of my own, and I tested and played these on my PX575, PX350, PX560 and CTK6200, just FYI. I'm sure these will also load and play on he older WKs you have described.

and as for your first question, I think these were a supplement to the existing factory rhythms-having auditioned many of these, not a big difference from the factory rhythms in my PX575.  I haven't thought about posting the factory rhythms from my PX575 which i am willing to bet are the same as the older WKs. if i can figure that one out, I will upload a package in zip format here. i will have to look over if the PX575 factory rhythms can be saved and uploaded here. that would probably give you a good idea of what the WK factory rhythms sound like. By the way if this is true, in some respects I like the PX575 rhythms more than the later models, seem to have a little bit more 'character" to some of them.  But just my opinion.

The WK-3000/3100/3500 share the same manual, and therefore, can be considered as members of the same production "family".  They share the same Tone and Rhythm lists, with the main price point differences being in the features offered.  The WK-3500 (only) boasts a diskette drive as well as the more professional L/MONO-R line output jacks, in addition to the standard headphones output jack, while the WK-3100 (only) offers a microphone in jack.  The WK-3000 and WK-3100 offer only a headphones out jack.  The manual for these models can be downloaded from:

https://support.casio.com/manualfile.php?cid=008011006

The Tone and Rhythm lists are in the Appendix at the rear of the manual.  The are no separate Tone and Rhythm lists.

The WK-3300/3800/8000 share the same manual, and can be considered successors to the models described above, as well as predecessors to the more recent CTK/WK-6XXX/7XXX models, with their new Tone and Rhythm file formats.  While the WK-8000 "can" be used as a portable unit, it is designed more along the lines of a digital piano, and comes with a pressed wood home furniture style stand. Like the previous models, the main price point differences are in the features offered: obviously the wooden stand for the WK-8000, but the WK-3800 and WK-8000 offered L/MONO-R line outputs, as well as a headphones output, while the WK-3300 offered only a headphones output.  The WK-3800 (only) sported a diskette drive for external storage.  Whereas the previous models were equipped with Smart Media Cards, these newer models switched to the newer SD Cards, but due to the technology at the time, their capacities were limited to only 1 Gb.  The manual for these models can be downloaded from:

https://support.casio.com/en/manual/manualfile.php?cid=008002018

These models have their Tone, Rhythm, and DSP lists in a separate Appendix, which can also be downloaded from the above web page. 

To my knowledge, Casio has NEVER made ANY of its CTK/WK factory preset files available for download ANYWHERE.  While there are older Casio webpages that still offer various file downloads for these older models (some older Rhythm files only are also useable in the newer CTK/WK models), these are ALL aftermarket files.  None of them are factory presets.  While I was originally under the impression that these were all Casio International webpages, I now believe that they were all produced by the old Casio-Europe sales organization.

None of the above models have any way of exporting their factory preset Rhythm files for use on other models.

Finally I have time to reply to forums etc!

Jokeyman123 and T, thank you so much for your replies below and for the player. That is very much appreciated. I did not know that a dedicated Casio forum like this existed. 

T, I may need to send you a private message in future if I have any random further specific queries on these models; is it possible to PM you on this forum?