Video Files on Forum ×

Celviano 650M - bass probs

Hi all,
I use a Casio Celviano 650 M at church. Its about 2 yrs old so out of guarantee. Its OK but very very bassy, esp some notes in particular. Ive been through all the menus (I think) but I cant find any treb / bass or EQ settings. Does anyone know if I'm missing anything or any other way round it pls?
Thanks Pete

The Celviano is almost identical to my PX350M operation-wise-but with some additional features and of course the cabinet design.

After reading through the manual-the only help i could offer is to look a the "brilliance" setting described on page E-9 of the manual which will accentuate the high frequencies but do nothing for the bass, but might give you a more balanced sound. The other option-a small keyboard amp or powered mixer/speaker combo-i use a small 8-channel 200 watt powered mixer with complete settings for EQ including individual channel settings and "global" eq settings-ideal for many venues. I use 2 10" speakers-which can drive a pretty large room, certainly adequate for a church setting unless you are accompanying the Mormon Tabernacle Choir,  St. Patrick's,  Notre Dame Cathedral or similar! 

A simple small keyboard amp might solve the problem-if it has tone control settings. Unfortunately, there are no internal EQ settings in the Celviano. Changing the physical location might help-acoustics can vary widely even within a few feet.

I'm surprised certain bass notes are "peaking"-this might indicate problems with the keys, not the bass response. Response should be very even throughout the octaves. Possibly some notes are responding with more sensitivity than others-which would be a malfunction of this or any Casio model, in my experience. All the Privias I've played/owned have a very even dynamic response across the octaves including the bass registers. 

• Like 1